SORA Training Facilities
NJ Guard Training Services is the LARGEST SORA training company in New Jersey. NJ Guard Training Services offers weekly classes throughout New Jersey. Our highly trained Law Enforcement and SECURITY instructors are VERY unique to the training industry. This is why our company is retained by more security agencies to perform their SORA training then any other. These relationships mean that we also can offer the highest job referral rate. Don't be fooled by the others, NJ Guard is the trusted name in SORA training.
What is SORA Training
As of 2007 SORA training is mandated in for all contract security positions throughout New Jersey. SORA training is a 3 step process to be completed within a 30 day period. These steps currenly include registration with the NJSP, completing a 24 hour training program with a NJSP certified instructor, and fingerprinting. Proper government issued identification is required for each step and thou a credit card is not required it is HIGHLY recommended.
What does SORA Training include?
The SORA training course includes but is not limited to the following subject matter:
- NJ Guard Training Services Orientation
- NJ Attorney General's Use of Force Policy
- Terrorism Awareness
- Cargo Theft
- Security Measures: Prevention and Deterrence
- New Jersey's Critical Infrastructure Awareness
- Suspicious Letters and Packages
- Suicide bombs and Vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED's)
- First Aid Awareness
- Incident Command System
- Report Writing
- Street Gangs
When are the SORA classes offered?
SORA training classes are typically offered on a weekly schedule throughout the state, please visit our SORA registration page for exact dates, times, and prices.
What are the SORA Requirements?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a valid photo ID with valid expiration date, i.e. NJ Drivers License, Passport, etc.
- Must register and posses “Temporary Certificate of Registration as a Security Officer”. This registration is issued by the New Jersey State Police. Go to: https://eapps.njsp.org/applicant/logon.do this is the State Police and logon to get your temporary certificate. You must pay for the certificate when applying.
- You must also be fingerprinted at a state licensed agency and that application will provided with your temporary certificate. You then have 30 days to complete the process which includes your SORA class. We recommend that you schedule your class first and then apply for your certificate.
- SORA has very strict guidelines when it comes to credentials and proof of identitiy. Please Find out more about the SORA certification details here.