“To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting.”
The New Jersey Firearms Academy makes it a habit of teaching excellence and teaches its students to make excellence a habit - that's what we do in each and every discipline and classes we teach.
The term 'rifle' is derived from the firearm's barrel that has a helical groove within, which is called 'riffling'. Back then, rifles were called 'rifling guns' and the term ‘rifle’ referred to the grooves inside the barrel. The groove is what differs the rifle from a shotgun - which has a smoother bore. The rifling helps with the bullet projectile or the way it shoots out of the barrel. Rifles are most commonly used in warfare, hunting and casual and competitive shooting.
Whether you want to shoot for fun or shoot competitively, New Jersey Firearms Academy offers a wide array of classes that will prepare you to shoot rifles without mediocrity. We don’t give you a ‘good enough’ service; we offer the best.
- Rifle Knowledge and Safe Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting
- Firing the First Shots (includes cleaning and storage)
- Standing Rifle Shooting Positions
- Prone and Kneeling Rifle Shooting Positions
- Sitting Rifle Shooting Positions
- Rifle Sports and Activities
Fill out our Training Application for eligibility.